Praised the world over for health benefits, useability, palatable coloring and overall quality, Canola oilseeds are used primarily for the production of cooking oil. KF is proud to grow large quantities of this beautiful, yellow flowering oilseed crop.
- Canola is an oilseed.
- The oil from canola is commonly used for cooking and is also found in salad dressings and margarine.
- Canada exports over 70% of its canola worldwide.
- The largest exports of Canadian canola go to: the United States, Japan, Mexico, China, Pakistan, and Korea.
- Canola is used to make oil for bio-fuels.
- Canola meal is used for high-protein livestock feed and forage.
- The Canadian Grain Commission maintains Canadian canola quality control standards